The 2014 Conference has finished. Below is the information available at time of submission; information on future conferences will be posted here when available.
The Elements Experiments Conference: Call for Submissions
What are the Elements that make up our shared spaces? The Elements Experiment explores this question through the peer review and publication of work by outstanding young creators on our online space. With film, photography, visual art, and writing, our contributors break boundaries by communicating their thoughts on religion, the secular, and public spaces in Canada in innovative ways.
On October 25, 2014, our past contributors, readers, and extended community members will have the opportunity to engage face to face at our first annual day-long conference, which will be held at the Multi-Faith Centre at the University of Toronto. The aim of the conference is to foster creative and intellectual exchange between young community leaders and contributors.
This conference will consist of two components:
- Roughly ten short presentations or performances
- An afternoon of small-group conversations in the “World Café” format. Participants will be invited to consider religion, the secular, and public spaces from both “practical” and “idealistic” perspectives – meaning that they may draw on lived experiences and current events in addition to theories, hopes, and dreams about Canadian public life.
We invite you to participate in one or more of the following ways:
- Be part of the audience for the morning presentations, then join the afternoon’s World Café discussions
- Submit any of the following types of work for presentation at The Elements Experiment Conference
- Talks (e.g. research-based, experiential, etc.)
- Creative performances (e.g. spoken word, film, etc.)